Wednesday 29 August 2012

Rasmalai - Leftover rasgullas put to perfect use!

My experience so far tells me, "If you are not a bengali , you might not be able to make a perfect rasgulla!!" There might be exceptions though , but , making the perfect rasgulla is an art and maybe the secret is passed on my bengali moms to their sons and daughters!!
I have tried hands at making the perfect rasgullas , soft and spongy , but somehow ,wasnt satisfied with my effort...and I honestly accept it!!
So when it comes to rasgullas, they come readymade...I prefer mostly the canned ones from Chandu Halwai or Haldirams.
Shopping for groceries, I was tempted by the sweet treat....but what I didnt estimate , was the quantity, and since I was the only one to indulge, I soon got satiated with a few....So there was almost more than a can full of the soft spongies.....
So wanted to turn it into something that my husband and son would enjoy too...
So a quick rasmalai ,with the leftover rasgullas,loaded with lots of  dryfruits!!

Ingredients:

8-10 Rasgullas
1/2 litre milk
1/2 Can Condensed Milk
2 tbsp Sugar
2-5 Saffron Strands
5-10 Pistachios chopped
2-3 Chopped Almonds

Heat milk in a thick bottom vessel and add sugar and saffron.
Once the milk boils ,lower the flame , and add condensed milk and stir gently.
Simmer for 10 mins ,till the milk thickens a bit.( Add 1/2 tsp cornflour mixed in water to thicken further)
 
 
 

Squeeze out the syrup from the rasgullas and drop them in the thickened milk and boil for 5 mins.
Add chopped nuts and put off flame.
Cool and serve.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We apppreciate your comments,suggestions and tips, so please feel free to share your views