Tuesday 18 September 2012

Kobichi Bhaji / Patta Gobi Ki Subji / Cabbage Masala

I never liked the idea of a Patta Gobi ka Subji for meals,as a child!! It used to be a nightmare lunch to see a plain dry patta gobi and roti in my tiffin!! It used to be bearable for dinners, cause then,you have the Dal chawal for rescue atleast , but when it comes in tiffins,there's a no escapr route,apart from ofcourse,starving!! And , I can never be able to bear the growl of an empty stomach!! Maybe that explains my slightly heavier frame!!
Now, being a homemaker and mother myself, I do understand that making a patta gobi is inevitable ,since atleast once you are bound to run out of choice for vegetables. I decided to make it interenting and tastier and more juicy than dry and limp subji! Ofcourse,I play it safe and make it only for dinners with Dals and Raitas for rescue! But my husband does relish this version of cabbage and really does not needs the rescue plan!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cabbage
2 Green chillies chopped
1 small Tomato chopped
1/4 cup Green Peas
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Namak Shamak
1/4 tsp Sugar
1-2 tsp Oil
Chopped Coriander for garnish

Heat oil in a kadhai and add cumin and mustard seeds. Once they splitter ,add chopped green chillies.
Add tomatoes after 1 min. and fry. Add Green Peas and turmeric,and cover lid and let the peas cook.
Now add shredded cabbage and mix.
Add red chilly powder and salt and sugar and mix together.Cover and cook for 1 min on low flame.Add chopped coriander and serve with hot phulkas.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We apppreciate your comments,suggestions and tips, so please feel free to share your views