Sunday 9 September 2012

Roasted Herbed Chicken / Whole grilled chicken



It was our shopping weekend....and I must say , retail therapy....does wonders to elate your mood...atleast to women!! 
And apart from shopping for the apparel and the girlie stuff , I totally get delighted at the thought of grocery shopping , especially when I head to a supermarket ,where I get to indulge in lots of fancy , imported and local foods and ingredients ,which are not otherwise easily available!! I know for some grocery shopping might be yet another nightmare in the making, but believe me , if you put your soul and passion into it ....it becomes an event you look forward to!
So after purchasing lots of goodies like cheeses, cold cuts, fresh breads, confectioneries , my kiddo insisted I buy the whole chicken,that was neatly packaged and kept on the shelves...(kids can be observant and demanding at times!!) So finally gave in to his demand!
Getting back home, when I began preparing dinner , instantly a farmaaish comes from my son(who wanted to avoid me making another tandoori, indian stuff)....."Momma, the roasted chicken , just like on that magazine cover....I know you can make it!!".....Woah ..what a confidence!! I just give it a casual glance...and that looked indeed delicious....An English , Herb Roasted Chicken , with mixed vegetables!! But that was just the picture , not any recipe for reference....My My , this sure feels like some invention test on Masterchef competition!

I decided to try something a little milder but full of flavor. Also I did not add ginger garlic paste as it totally dominates the other flavors. The szechuan sauce I have used here was mild and had the flavor of bell peppers.  You can tweak the recipe and use the regular szechuan sauce that you get at the local stores but that will contain a lot of ginger and garlic.

I decided to keep the thighs for later. It would have been too much for the three of us....
So here goes our juicy herb roasted..Chicken!!!

And yes, you can make it in your convection microwave oven , you dont need a fancy bulit in oven for that....So go ahead and try...



Ingredients:

For the marinade:

1                 Whole Chicken
1 cup           Szechuan Pepper sauce (I used Blue dragon)
2 to 3 tsp     Chopped Fresh Rosemary and Sage
1 tsp            Red chilli powder
1 tsp            Namak Shamak
2 tsp            Oil

For the herbed stuffing:

1 cup           Zucchini
1 cup           Bell Peppers (red, green and yellow)
6 to 7           Whole cherry tomatoes
2 to 3           Baby Corns
a few sprigs  Rosemary 
a few leaves  Sage
1 tsp             Oil
1 tsp             Chilli flakes
1/2 tsp          Namak Shamak

Method:

Make a few cuts on the whole chicken.


Mix all the marinade ingredients and rub it on the chicken. Make sure to apply the marinade on the inside of the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for atleast 2 hrs.

Cut all the veggies and add all the herbs, oil, chilli flakes and salt. You can add any other veggies you want.


Stuff the chicken with the herbed vegetables and keep the rest aside.



In a roasting pan, drizzle a little oil. Now arrange the remaining vegetables in the pan and put the chicken in. I roasted it on grill and combi for 30 mins. Turn the chicken from time to time and coat it with the juices of the vegetables and the chicken. 



Serve garnished with a few sprigs of rosemary.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

We apppreciate your comments,suggestions and tips, so please feel free to share your views