Monday 19 November 2012

Tutti Fruity Cake

Its been long since I baked a cute and colourful tutti fruity cake! My In laws just love it, so I try and bake it whenever we plan a visit to them! And last month visit happened for a wonderful reason..my Sister In Law gave birth to a healthy Baby Boy! We were Mama's and Mami's for the first time! A sort of a promotion! And when I asked what Mithai or Pedas should I get ...they wanted a Slice of soft and fluffy tutti fruity cake!! Their wish was my command! There was so much of energy and excitement,that I went overboard and baked cupcakes too...guess I m thinking of my toddlers little cousin already!!


Ingredients:

1 Cup Maida or flour
3/4 Cup Oil
3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Soda Bicarb
1/2 Cup Tutti Fruity
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence


Sieve the flour with baking powder and soda bicarb and keep aside.

Preheat the oven at 180 deg.C
Grease the cake tin and muffin moulds with some oil and dust it with flour.

In a bowl , beat the eggs,perferrably with and electric beater till pale yellow and fluffy.
Add sugar and vanilla essence and beat again.
Finally add oil and beat for 1 min.
Now add the flour mixture and fold together till a smooth batter is formed.

In a plate,add 1 tsp maida to the tutti fruity and mix ,so that the turri fruity is coated with flour.

Put it into the batter and gently fold.

Pour the batte in the cake moulds and tins.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins. Check with the knife inserted at the center (if it comes out clean, the cake is baked)


Cool and demould. Slice as needed.
















This is our entry for Bake Fest no 13 hosted at
http://cooksjoy.com/blog/bake-fest-hosting-schedule
http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.in/2012/10/bake-fest-13-guest-host-event-nov-1st.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We apppreciate your comments,suggestions and tips, so please feel free to share your views