Friday 14 September 2012

Sweet and Spicy Fish with Orange Sauce/Basa Fish with Orange Sauce

This is what happens when two foodie sisters meet!! It was the weekend ,when my sister ,whos also the co-author to Namak Shamak , visited us at Nasik with her family. And it was extraordinary ,as usual..Be it the outings,eat outs or our cooking !! Its never a guest host relation between us when we are together! The last time I had been to visit her , our blog came into existence.....
So ,its kinda special!!
It was month ending,hectic as usual for my husband, who was working late , so it was more than a delight to have my sis and family at home!! Ofcourse my kiddo was delighted too to have his patronizing and indulging big bro come for a visit! So my toddler had a company too!!
Back to the foodie aspect... my sis and her equally foodie husband,wanted a special treat,and I really wanted to indulge them in one...but unfortunately ,my home wasnt stocked with the necessary party stuff....My poor guests had to step out to fetch something for themselves...
And here comes my elder sis with a pack of fish fillets!! Wow I m proud of her....I normally dont get such fancy stuff here!!

So thats how the recipes happened...and my poor husband missed it!!

Ingredients:

3-4 Boneless,skinless Basa Fish Fillets (Can use any boneless ,skinless fish fillets)
Sweet and Spicy Seafood Sauce ( I got it from my fancy grocery shoppings,but you can use a mix of chilly sauce,sugar,and vinegar)
Zest of half an Orange
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cracked Pepper
1 tsp red Chilly powder
2 -5 tbsp Corn flour
1 Egg
2-3 tbsp Oil for frying
Juice of 1 Orange
2 tsp Chilli Flakes
Spring Onion greens and Orange slices for garnish

Method: 

Marinate the fish fillets in salt,pepper,red chilly powder,oranger zest,and the seafood sauce for 1/2 hour.

Drizzle 1 tbsp oil over hot grilling pan .

Spread the cornflour on a plate . Crack and lightly beat egg in a bowl and add a pinch of salt to it.

Dip the marinated fillets in cornflour,on both sides.

 Now dip it egg and further dip it in cornflour again.

Now place the fillet on the grill pan and fry on medium heat till browned on both sides.

Repeat for the rest of the fillets.

Once the fillets are done , add the orange juice and chilli flakes to the grill pan and let it simmer till it thickens.

Pour the hot sauce over the fillets.

Serve garnished with Orange slices and Spring Onion Greens.




This is our entry for

Seafood Feast – Event Announcement

Hosted by My Spicy Kitchen


Seafood feast

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe and looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe and linking it to my seafood event.

    ReplyDelete

We apppreciate your comments,suggestions and tips, so please feel free to share your views